MARCH 25 UPDATE REGARDING BOROUGH ACTIVITIES AND
COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS)
The Borough of Franklin Park has been monitoring guidance and actions from the federal, state and county governments regarding efforts to proactively contain the spread of COVID-19. As such, the Borough is establishing the following guidelines:
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS:
- The Borough Building is now closed to the general public. Borough employees will continue reporting as needed, and mail and deliveries will be accepted at the front entrance. There is also a drop box for tax payments located at the parking lot to the left of the main entrance.
- Park buildings and restrooms will remain closed. Athletic fields, courts and playgrounds are also closed. The parks remain open for walking, but please observe “social distancing” guidelines.
- Clover Hill Golf Course is closed.
- Waste Management has modified the services it will provide. Please click here to link to a more detailed explanation.
- Curbside chipping and leaf bag pickup have been postponed at least until April 13. We will have an update on this by April 9.
- The Borough Building, Planning and Zoning Department will not be accepting applications for permits, subdivisions, land developments, etc.
- The Borough Public Works department is on a modified schedule but will continue to be available to handle critical duties as they arise.
- Borough staff will be checking email, phone messages and mail on a regular basis. At this time there will be limited staff available to answer calls as they come in.
- The Borough Police Department is fully staffed and will continue providing public safety. Fingerprinting and issuance of solicitation permits have been suspended at this time.
ACTIVITIES CANCELED OR POSTPONED:
- The annual Easter Egg Hunt, scheduled for April 3 and 4, has been canceled.
- Borough activities and events scheduled at the Blueberry Hill Park Activity Center through April 30 have been canceled. Full refunds will be issued for all Activity Center and Pavilion rentals that have been canceled.
- Athletic and other activities scheduled in any of the Borough parks through April 30 have been canceled.
- Meetings of private organizations scheduled to be held at the Borough Building through April 30 have been canceled.
- The April 1 Borough Council Work Session has been postponed to April 15 at 6:00 PM.
- The April 7 Environmental Advisory Committee Meeting has been canceled.
- The April 9 Zoning Hearing Board Meeting has been canceled.
We will continue to monitor guidance passed along by health agencies and professionals and adapt our guidelines accordingly. We are dedicated to continuing to provide our services and amenities with as little disruption as possible, and to give residents the opportunity to make informed decisions regarding the use of Borough facilities. We ask that you be informed regarding COVID-19 and carry out your daily activities in a manner that is not only safe for you but also for your friends and neighbors.
If you or anyone in your household has been quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure or you are unable to leave your house to get needed supplies, please call 2-1-1 and the United Way will take your call.
Below are links to find more information on COVID-19.
CDC Release: Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, and commercial establishments safe (PDF)
CDC Release: Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 (PDF)
PA Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus "Stay Updated" Page
Sign up for "Allegheny Alerts", Allegheny County’s Citizen Notifications - Sign In Page
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Page
MFPAA Self-Care at Home