The Borough of Franklin Park has been monitoring guidance and actions from the federal, state and county governments regarding efforts to proactively contain the spread of COVID-19. Effective today, we have entered the Yellow Phase in the process to reopen Pennsylvania. As such, the Borough has taken the following actions:
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS:
- The Borough Building remains closed to the general public. Borough employees will continue reporting as needed, and mail and deliveries will be accepted at the front entrance. There is also a drop box for tax payments located at the parking lot to the left of the main entrance.
- Athletic fields and courts are now open for informal recreation for groups of 25 or fewer people. Organized youth sports continue to be prohibited. Select restrooms will now be open. The parks remain open for walking. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES.
- Clover Hill Golf Course is open with specific measures to promote sanitization and social distancing. Please contact Clover Hill at 412-364-2447 for additional information.
- Waste Management has resumed normal operations.
- The yard waste drop-off site is open in Blueberry Hill Park. A permit is required and can be obtained at no cost by residents of the Borough. An application can be found on the Borough website.
- The Borough Building, Planning and Zoning Department has resumed accepting applications for permits, subdivisions, land developments, etc.
- The Borough Public Works department will return to a normal schedule on May 18.
- Borough staff will be checking email, phone messages and mail on a regular basis. At this time there will be limited staff available to answer calls as they come in.
- The Borough Police Department is fully staffed and will continue providing public safety. Fingerprinting has been suspended at this time.
ACTIVITIES CANCELED OR POSTPONED:
- Borough activities and events scheduled at the Blueberry Hill Park Activity Center through May 31 have been canceled. Beginning June 1 activities and events for groups of 25 or less will be permitted. Full refunds will be issued for all Activity Center and Pavilion rentals that have been canceled.
- Athletic and other activities scheduled in any of the Borough parks through May 31 have been canceled. We will continue monitoring guidance regarding when these activities may resume.
- Meetings of private organizations scheduled to be held at the Borough Building continue to be prohibited.
COUNCIL, COMMITTEE AND BOARD MEETINGS:
- The May 20 Council Regular Meeting will be held via Zoom at 8:00 PM. Public comment and requests to speak via Zoom during the meeting will be taken by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments submitted in writing or requests to comment via Zoom during the meeting must be submitted by 12:00 PM on Wednesday, May 20 to be considered by Council and Mayor.
- A Council Special Meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, May 27 at 7:00 PM at the Activity Center in Blueberry Hill Park. The meeting will be conducted in person, but you will also be able to access the meeting online through Zoom. Only 2 items will be considered at this meeting, and the agenda is available on the Borough website. Public comment and requests to speak via Zoom during the meeting will be taken by email at email@example.com. Comments submitted in writing or requests to comment via Zoom during the meeting must be submitted by 12:00 PM on Wednesday, May 27 to be considered by Council and Mayor. You may also sign up at the meeting if you are attending in person.
We will continue to monitor guidance passed along by health agencies and professionals and adapt our guidelines accordingly. We are dedicated to continuing to provide our services and amenities with as little disruption as possible, and to give residents the opportunity to make informed decisions regarding the use of Borough facilities. We ask that you be informed regarding COVID-19 and carry out your daily activities in a manner that is not only safe for you but also for your friends and neighbors.
If you or anyone in your household has been quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure or you are unable to leave your house to get needed supplies, please call 2-1-1 and the United Way will take your call.
Below are links to find more information on COVID-19.
CDC Release: Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, and commercial establishments safe (PDF)
CDC Release: Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 (PDF)
PA Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus "Stay Updated" Page
Sign up for "Allegheny Alerts", Allegheny County’s Citizen Notifications - Sign In Page
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Page
MFPAA Self-Care at Home