The Borough of Franklin Park has been monitoring guidance and actions from the federal, state and county governments regarding efforts to proactively contain the spread of COVID-19. Effective today, we have entered the Green Phase in the process to reopen Pennsylvania (Governor Wolf’s Three Phase Plan Process to Reopen Pennsylvania). As such, the Borough has taken the following actions:
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS:
The Borough Building will now be open to the public with the following procedural safeguards:
- The exterior doors at the main entrance will be unlocked, but the interior doors will remain locked. Once you enter the building, you should ring the doorbell located between the 2 interior doors and our receptionist will greet you. We ask that you wear a mask and maintain social distancing while here. Our employees will do the same for your protection.
- The exterior doors at the Building/Zoning Department in the back of the building will be unlocked, but the interior doors will be locked. Once you enter the building, there is a window on your left where you can take care of your business. If there is no one in that office, please ring the doorbell and someone will help you. Again, we ask that you wear a mask and maintain social distancing, as our employees will for your protection.
- Acorn Park, Blueberry Hill Park and Old Orchard Park are open, including playgrounds, subject to social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines.
- Linbrook Park is open, including playgrounds, subject to social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines. The gate to the upper level will remain locked at this time, but pedestrian access to the upper level is open. We will have an update on this in the next few weeks.
- Clover Hill Golf Course is open with specific measures to promote sanitization and social distancing. Please contact Clover Hill at 412-364-2447 for additional information.
- Borough departments are back to full staffing levels and all services are being provided. Social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines are being followed.
ACTIVITIES CANCELED OR POSTPONED:
- The Borough has canceled Festival in the Park this year due to potential health concerns and inability to secure sponsorships. The fireworks, however, will go on and have been rescheduled to July 4th. More information will follow as we get closer to that date.
- Beginning in late June activities and events for groups of 100 or fewer people will be permitted at the Blueberry Hill Park Activity Center. Social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines must be followed, and sanitization must be done at the conclusion of each event. Full refunds will be issued for all Activity Center and Pavilion rentals that have been canceled.
- Organized sports can now resume with strict adherence to COVID-19 guidelines for the safety of participants and spectators. You must first contact the Borough to review your plans and receive approval.
- Meetings of private organizations scheduled to be held at the Borough Building can now resume with a maximum occupancy of 50 people. Social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines must be followed.
COUNCIL, COMMITTEE AND BOARD MEETINGS:
- Meetings will be held in person unless otherwise indicated when the agenda is posted. Social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines must be followed.
We will continue to monitor guidance passed along by health agencies and professionals and adapt our guidelines accordingly. We are dedicated to continuing to provide our services and amenities with as little disruption as possible, and to give residents the opportunity to make informed decisions regarding the use of Borough facilities. We ask that you be informed regarding COVID-19 and carry out your daily activities in a manner that is not only safe for you but also for your friends and neighbors.
If you or anyone in your household has been quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure or you are unable to leave your house to get needed supplies, please call 2-1-1 and the United Way will take your call.
Below are links to find more information on COVID-19.
Governor Wolf’s Three Phase Plan Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
Governor Wolf’s Plan For Pennsylvania
CDC Release: Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, and commercial establishments safe (PDF)
CDC Release: Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 (PDF)
PA Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page
Allegheny County Health Department Coronavirus "Stay Updated" Page
Sign up for "Allegheny Alerts", Allegheny County’s Citizen Notifications - Sign In Page
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Page
MFPAA Self-Care at Home