Refuse & Recycling
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2020
WASTE MANAGEMENT HAS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED THE FOLLOWING:
- Bulk Collection - furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring and bulk clean-ups
- Yard Waste Collection - grass clippings, brush, tree limbs, etc.
All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN, WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- WM will enforce (bag and/or cart limits), as reflected in our current contract.
When the Declarations of Emergency and social distancing recommendations have been eased and Waste Management’s work force returns to pre-pandemic levels, these services will be restarted. Waste Management will provide notice when the service(s) will resume.
Click the link to view the Important Message from Waste Management regarding these changes to their services due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Waste Management of Pennsylvania
Waste Management of Pennsylvania will continue the collection of residential refuse and recycling for Franklin Park Borough in 2020. For customer service, please call Waste Management at 1-800-866-4460 or visit www.WM.com to chat live with a representative.
- Tires, wood or yard waste (except grass clippings) cannot be placed at curbside for pickup. Grass clippings should be placed in black plastic bags and placed with your weekly trash.
- Electronic waste such as computer systems, TVs and similar items cannot be placed out for curbside pick up. See the information provided on the At Your Door Special Collection page.
Pricing, Holiday Schedule & Pick-up Schedule
Please view 2020 Waste Management Flyer (PDF) for pricing, holiday schedule and pick-up schedule information. All trash and recyclables are picked up weekly and must be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. to ensure pickup.
If your garbage or recycling was missed on your scheduled collection day, call Waste Management Customer Service at 1-800-866-4460 to report it.
Should you have any questions regarding refuse/trash collection or experience ongoing issues feel free to contact Donna Platt at 412-364-4115, Ext. 302 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garbage should be placed at the curb not before 4:00PM on the evening before your scheduled pick up day. Residents should place all refuse in plastic garbage bags to avoid garbage from falling out on to the street. To avoid garbage bags from being torn into by animals and having garbage all over the street, you can place your bags in a trash can. Garbage cans must be removed from the curb no later than 10:00 PM the day of your garbage collection.
The "Snow Bird Clause" allows a resident to suspend service for up to five (5) months while they spend the winder months elsewhere. The resident must notify the refuse hauler in writing 30 days prior to the start of the suspension of service. The written notification should include the approximate date of return.
If you should have any questions regarding your refuse/recycling please contact Donna Platt at 412-364-4115, Ext. 302 or at email@example.com