Pursuant to PA Act 101 Franklin Park Borough adopted Ordinance No. 377-91 requiring all residences and all commercial, municipal and institutional establishments, such as office buildings, churches, schools and other non-profit organizations, in Franklin Park Borough to recycle the following materials.
View the residential recycling guidelines for detailed list of items residents are required to recycle.
View the commercial recycling guidelines for a list of items businesses are required to recycle.
The Borough currently uses automated pick-up of recyclables only. To obtain a container, if you have an issue with your recycle container or if it needs repaired/replaced please contact Waste Management 1-800-866-4460. All recycling can be single streamed in the container. You cannot place any recycling material outside the container; it will not be collected.
View Automated Recycling Container Information Flyer (PDF) for placement and use instructions.
Several containers for recycling cardboard are located in the rear left corner parking lot of the Borough Building (behind the police department). Residents utilizing these dumpsters should follow the rules stated below. If the containers are full and can no longer accommodate cardboard please do not place your cardboard outside the containers. The containers are generally emptied on Tuesday and Friday.
CORRUGATED CARDBOARD DUMPSTER RULES
When using these cardboard dumpsters, the following rules must be followed.
- ONLY corrugated cardboard that is clean and dry can be placed in these dumpsters.
- ALL boxes must be broken down and inserted through the slot.
- DO NOT leave any cardboard/boxes on the ground around and/or leaning on the dumpsters.
- DO NOT leave any household recycling outside the dumpsters in bags or otherwise. Any household recycling material will be considered trash.
- DO NOT place pizza boxes, paper, cereal/food, Kleenex or similar boxes, junk mail, magazines or shredded paper, loose or bagged in these dumpsters.
- DO NOT place any type of packing material or plastic in or around the dumpsters.
- DO NOT place garbage in or around the dumpsters.
This area is under video surveillance.
Violators will be prosecuted.
Battery Recycling Program
Franklin Park residents can utilize the At Your Door Special Collection service for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through Waste Management (WM). This service provides residents with the ability to have their batteries picked up from their residence. WM will pick up any size or amount; simply contact the Call Center at 1-800-449-7587 to schedule a pick up or visit their website at http://www.wmatyourdoor.com . This program is available at no additional charge.