PRC - Hard To Recycle Collections
Since 2003, Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) has held Hard to Recycle collections in Southwestern PA. The goal is to provide responsible and convenient disposal for items that are not eligible for curbside recycling. At these events, individuals can recycle items such as e-waste, cell phones, polystyrene, Freon-containing appliances, tires, and more. For more information follow the link to the PRC’s Hard to Recycle Collections page.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR JULY HARD TO RECYCLE EVENTS – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Due to the ever changing COVID-19 outbreak, all event dates, locations, acceptable materials and associated fees are subject to change. Check back frequently for the most up-to-date list of PRC collections events, hours, fees, and list of acceptable materials.
October 24, 2020, REGISTRATION FILLED! Sign on to Waitlist at link above.
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills
Parking lot near Division Road Entrance
590 Pittsburgh Mills Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15084
Galleria Event Flyer
Acceptable Materials & Associated Fees
Materials Collected for a FEE:
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
- Small Freon Containing Appliances (window ac units, dehumidifiers) $10 each
- Fluorescent tubes: $2 per 4 foot tube
- Tires (car/truck) $4 without rims; $10 with rims
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification - 1 Drive $11.50 each
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification - each additional drive after 1st $3 each
Materials Collected at NO Cost:
- CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards
- Home phones & cellphones
- Tablets & UPS
- Servers, routers, & modems
- DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos
- Copiers & scanners
- Electronic cables
- Video game consoles
- Expanded Polystyrene packaging material
- Glass bottles, jugs, and jars (all colors, labels and lids can remain on)
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes) at 2020 events to reduce the amount of contact between participants and event staff.
For battery and CFL recycling visit Batteries Plus Bulbs for locations close to you.
Place items in car trunk/ truck bed • Wear a face mask and stay in vehicle at all times • Pay via credit/debit card if possible for contactless payment experience • Confirm details before attending.
Visit prc.org for up-to-date information. Due to COVID-19 outbreak, event dates, times, etc. are subject to change.