PRC - ReuseFest
ReuseFest is a one-day drop off event open to the general public that diverts materials from local landfills to reuse by local nonprofits. Follow the link to the PRC’s ReuseFest webpage for more detailed information.
Saturday, October 17 2020 • 10 am – 2 pm
North Park Swimming Pool parking lot, Allegheny County
REUSEFEST PGH FLYER
Acceptable Materials For ReuseFest PGH
Partners reserve the right to refuse unusable materials.
- Traditional art and craft supplies
BEDDING & BATH ITEMS
- Bathroom towels/rugs, blankets/comforters, bed pillows, sheet sets (bag & note size), shower curtains, and rings NOTE: All upholstered items or mattresses must be free of stains, rips and pet hair.
BIKING SUPPLIES & TOOLS
- Bikes, tricycles, bike parts, hardware tool kits, tools in working order (i.e. screw drivers, wrenches and Allen keys), etc.
- Toys, clothing, books, and sports equipment
CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES & SHOES
- Men’s, women’s, plus size clothing, children and infant’s clothing, shoes, dresses, blouses, big and tall sized clothing, jewelry, purses and other accessories.
- Bed frames, dressers, end tables and coffee tables, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables and coffee tables, and desk chairs
GENERAL HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
- Lamps, mirrors, wall decor and paintings, window curtains, ironing board & iron table, vacuum cleaners, luggage, tools and workable DVD players.
- Cooking & bake wares, silverware, dish sets, pots, pans and skillets, mixers & crock pots, teapots, toasters, dish racks, mixing bowls & spoons, cooking utensils, colanders, and working countertop appliances.
- Bedside commodes, scrubs (new or gently used), wheelchairs, rollator/wheeled walkers, shower seats/bathing benches/chairs/stools, and any other durable medical equipment
- Pediatric Equipment (i.e. wheelchairs, walkers, standers, adaptive seating), Therapy Mats, Parallel Bars
- any medical supplies which expire must have expirations dates at least 15 months after the donation date
- Stainless steel bowls/ceramic bowls, hard sided cat carriers/dog crates, etc.
SCHOOL AND OFFICE SUPPLIES
- Binders, desk organizers, art supplies (crayons, paint, glue, scissors, etc.), intact packs of paper (lined, copy, construction), notebooks, backpacks, pencils/pens, etc.
USABLE BUILDING MATERIALS
- Doors, light fixtures, lumber (4’+), windows, etc.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Place all items in car trunk/truck bed • Wear a face mask and stay in vehicle at all times • Confirm details before attending.
Visit prc.org for up-to-date information. Due to COVID-19 outbreak, event dates, times, etc. are subject to change.
No televisions/computers accepted
Questions on ReuseFest? Email Sarah Shea of the PRC or call 412-488-7490 x 2